Make Do and Mend-able:
Back to Basics is the new e-book and is your essential guide to Make Do and Mend!
The book will launch on 21st April, but you can be one of the first to get your hands on a copy by pre-ordering now!
Inside you will find 19 chapters, and 150 pages of Make Do and Mend information!
The book is bought to you by Jen Gale of Make Do and Mend-able, and is a collaboration of sections from brilliant Make Do and Mend-ers, such as Kat Goldin from Slugs on the Refrigerator, Tom of Holland, and Jane ni Dhulchaointigh-inventor of sugru, as well as TWO Great British Sewing Bee finalists, other great authors, bloggers, talented artists – and Butterfly Bright!
This book will help you get started, or teach you some new skills, in all of the ‘basic’ Make Do and Mend skills. From sewing to sugru, and punctures to plugs, there really is something for everyone, no matter where you are in your Make Do and Mend journey.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make a pattern from a charity shop find, or re-use the yarn from old woollies, then wonder no more! As well as covering the basic skills, the book also has chapters covering things like how to make your clothes last longer (from a West End Wardrobe Mistress!) and natural methods of cleaning your home.
Each chapter lists the equipment you need to get started, and then talks you through each stage, with masses of colour photos to illustrate the text.
There are also 8 fabulous projects to enable you to put your newfound skills into practice straightaway.
Pre-order now and you’ll be sent a pdf file, with a thank you, and then on the 21st April, you’ll be sent an e-mail with a link to download the e-book!
The techy stuff
This is an e-book in pdf form, so when you buy it, you will be sent a link that allows you to download a pdf containing the e-book. You can then save it to your computer or device, and either read it on screen, or you can print off any of the chapters you wish to.
The e-book is available wherever you are in the world, and the clever jiggery pokery at Paypal will take care of any currency conversions for you!
Please note that due to new EU VAT rules, the price for non-UK EU customers, will have the applicable VAT rate of the customers home country added to the checkout.
More details on the contents of “Back to Basics – your essential guide to Make do and mend”
Find it! How to…find second-hand equipment and supplies – Jen Gale, Make Do and Mend-able
2. Learn to love your sewing machine! How to…use your sewing machine – Lauren Guthrie, Guthrie & Ghani
3. Sew it! How to…hand sew – Tamara Melvin, The Green Thimble
4. Button it! How to… sew on a button – Zoe Robinson, The Good Wardrobe
5. Hem it! How to…hem – Ginny Farquhar, Alice and Ginny
6. Patch it! How to…patch – Jo Poole, The Dress Doctor
7. Remake it! How to…make a pattern from a charity shop find – Franki Campbell, creative pattern cutter
8. Unpick and Knit Again! How to…salvage yarn from old woollies – Joanne Scrace, Not So Granny
9. Knit it! How to…knit Alison Nurton and Caroline Bradshaw – Butterfly Bright
10. Crochet it! How to…crochet – Kat Goldin, Slugs on the Refrigerator
11. Tom says Darn it! How to…darn – Tom van Deijnen, Tom of Holland
12. Love Your Clothes for Longer! How to…care for your clothes – Caroline Hannam, West End Wardrobe Mistress
13. Clean it! How to…clean your home using natural techniques – Emma Northcott, Mommy Emu
14. Upcycle it! How to…upcycle – Lynn Haughton, The Upcyle Movement
15. Paint it! How to…re-paint furniture – Trixie Bradley, Lovingly Made Ltd
16. Re-cover it! How to…re-upholster furniture – Becky Striepe, Crafting a Green World
17. Plug it! How to…replace a plug – Bright Sparks
18. Seal it! How to… repair a puncture – Angela Walker, CycleBoost
19. sugru it! How to…sugru – Jane Ni Dhulchaointigh, sugru
- Upcycle a sweatshirt
- 3 ways to re-vamp your clothes using buttons
- Make cloth serviettes
- Knit a dishcloth
- Crochet the simplest flower
- Furniture painting
- Upholster a footstool
- 3 sugru hacks